Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The IQLUSION clue
To this date, no one came with the explanation for the big typo in the word IQLUSION of K1.  I suspect that in fact many had figured it out, but no one ever published this finding, so, let's go.

To see the clue, you have to work a bit.  First, rotate the block by 7 clockwise

EMUFPHZ
LRFAXYU
SDJKZLD
KRNSHGN
FIVJYQT
QUXQBQV
YUVLLTR
EVJYQTM
KYRDMFD

Will become

KEYQFKSLE
YVUUIRDRM
RJVXVNJFU
DYLQJSKAF
MQLBYHZXP
FTTQQGLYH
DMRVTNDUZ

And the word "KEY" pops-up.  One could argue that the word is only 3 letters and that blah blah coincidence blah blah...  But no, the clue comes along with its proof.

EMUFPHZLRFAXYUSDJKZLDKRNSHGNFIVJYQTQUXQBQVYUVLLTREVJYQTMKYRDMFD
BETWEENSUBTLESHADINGANDTHEABSENCEOFLIGHTLIESTHENUANCEOFIQLUSION

Where we see that in fact, the K from key is the letter that will translate in Q after decipherment.  Should ILLUSION be written without the "typo", we would have ended with a W instead of a K.

This confirms what I had stated on the Yahoo group : the sculpture will show when you are on the good track

What is the meaning of that clue ?  I let you decide, I did not find to this very moment the way to use it.  Does it mean only that we have to apply somewhere a rotation by 7 ?  In that case, the block shoud be a multiple of 7, why not 63 ?

Remember this one ?

He made a specific point that the “key” is not necessarily the keyword. “In a modern digital system, the ‘key’ is the keyword or number that you need to decrypt the message. Everyone knows the algorithm. It is just a black box into which you insert the key and the encrypted text, and the answer comes out the other end. In analog systems (as used in Kryptos) the ‘key’ is the algorithm.”